Friday 26 April 2013

early spring garden

Well, it's that time of the week again, yep its the weekend and I don't know about you but boy am I glad it's here.

I know I shared my pots with you on Tuesdaywell I thought you might like a panoramic view of the whole garden to boot, ooh you are spoilt you.

I enjoy seeing how the garden changes so much from season to season and each year too. So here's how the garden looked spring last year, here's how it looked winter this year and now here's how it's looking early spring this year...















I took these photos only a few days ago but already the garden's changed plenty. 

There's lots of work still to do too. I haven't touched the borders around the lawn other than to put those twigs into the ground to act as supports for the aquilegia for when they grow all nice and big so lots of weeding and a bit of rearranging is desperately needed. For one the red cordyline in the right hand corner above is most definitely going, don't worry the poor thing will be getting a new home, although goodness knows where that will be as it really doesn't suit the garden. 

Yep the garden certainly needs a lot of titillating, so in Monty Don stylee, here's a list of jobs that I hope to be getting on with this weekend:

  • Of course, I want to move that cordyline.
  • Do lots of weeding.
  • Tidy up the lawn and re-do the edges.
  • Sort out the compost bin and perhaps move it slightly out of site.
  • Purchase a table and chairs for the garden.
  • Purchase some more pots and perhaps some trellis for the fence at the top of the lawn (I hate seeing the top of my car and the gas tank as I relax in the garden).
  • Look in to perhaps getting a screen to cover up the bins and the growhouse.
  • Plant my summer bulbs. 
  • Scatter wildlower seeds around the garden.
  • Look after my seedlings and sow some more seeds in preparation of having plenty of flowers for cutting.
  • Oh and potter about in the garden for a little bit taking lots of photos.
I also need to find time to do some drawing and hopefully to practice painting again but we shall wait and see. I think that's it though, plenty to keep me busy this weekend anyhoo.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend, whether you have rather large job lists like myself or are just relaxing I hope it's a good one.

afternibbin. x 



No comments:

Post a Comment